Cloud to Cloud Migration - Billing Question

David Fang April 3, 2023

Hello,

I just have a question regarding the billing when I complete the cloud-to-cloud migration.

Currently there are 30 active members on the source site, and we are using the Standard plan, the destination site is also using the Standard Plan. I just want to confirm that when we complete the Cloud-to-Cloud migration, we wont get billed until we start activating the 30 members. As I understand from here: https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/prepare-sites-for-a-cloud-to-cloud-migration/

From my understanding is that the Cloud-To-Cloud migration, migrates the users and groups but wont charge you on the destination site until the migrated users are activated? Is this correct? I am asking because we don;t want to activate all 30 members and we will just leave some members with no access.

Thank you for all your help

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hi @David Fang,

You are billed on a cloud site based on the number of users with product access. If granting users product access is what you understand by "activating them", you are indeed correct.

As long as you don't have users in your site, you are using 0 licenses and that will cost you nothing.

Hope this helps!

David Fang April 3, 2023

I see, thank you for answering. So when I migrate the 30 users who currently have product access on the source site, the 30 users will not have product access until I assign them. Is that correct?

Or does the migration automatically assign them product access right away and then I will be billed right away?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

@David Fang,

Have a look at this support article to learn more about how a migration actually goes. There's a section there about user migration (the following screenshot is taken from that article):

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 17.08.38.pngThat means you will have to manually grant access to the users of your choice to add them to your site before they get their license (and are billed accordingly).

On a side note: billing follows a certain billing cycle (on a monthly plan, the next billing date is displayed on the billing details for your site).  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events