Cloud back-up corrupted using windows task scheduler

Aaron Cook February 10, 2021

Hello, 

We are trying to accomplish the following:

Scenario - 

Automate the creation and removal of the backup file from the Atlassian cloud sites (JSW/Confluence) for rollback purposes, etc.    

Issue - 

Scenario I

Initiating the backup-jira-api-token.psi script from https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/automatic-cloud-backup/src/master/.  Each time we run this script with Windows task scheduler the script will execute and download the backup.  However, the file is approximately half the size of a manually downloaded file and is corrupted.    

Scenario II

If we run the powershell script manually, the file downloads and is the expected size and is not corrupted. 

Root cause -

Unknown.

Could this be related to the scheduled task timing out?

Thank you in advance for any recommendations or thoughts you have with this issue.  

Thanks,

Aaron

2 answers

0 votes
Oleksiy Denysenko April 19, 2023

I had the same issue: manually in PowerShell ISE downloading is fast (approx. 150 Mbits) without interruption, in TeamCity script always downloads corrupted archive with "Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream". I noticed that the download speed in that case is much lower, approx. 4 Mbits. And I found the root cause:

turning off the progress bar did it for me. Progress bar can significantly impact cmdlet performance.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28682642/powershell-why-is-using-invoke-webrequest-much-slower-than-a-browser-download

$ProgressPreference = 'SilentlyContinue'
or
Set-Variable ProgressPreference SilentlyContinue; Invoke-WebRequest ...

0 votes
Michael Littman February 10, 2021

I am working with Aaron on this wanted to add what we see in the script running with task scheduler 

PS>TerminatingError(Invoke-WebRequest): "Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream."
Invoke-WebRequest : Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream.
At C:\scripts\Atlassian_Cloud_Backup\jiracloudbkup.ps1:96 char:1
+ Invoke-WebRequest -Method Get -Headers $header -WebSession $session - ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Invoke-WebRequest], IOException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.IOException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeWebRequestCommand
Invoke-WebRequest : Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream.
At C:\scripts\Atlassian_Cloud_Backup\jiracloudbkup.ps1:96 char:1
+ Invoke-WebRequest -Method Get -Headers $header -WebSession $session - ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Invoke-WebRequest], IOException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.IOException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeWebRequest
Command

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events