Cloud Storage Space

Luke Kenyon January 18, 2021

Hi, I have a 10 user Jira Server License I am looing at migrating to the cloud for Jira, Service Desk, Confluence and BitBucket but I only see it offers 2GB of file storage which I assume does not cover the database file . How do I know how much file storage I have used on the Server Product and if its not enough how do I get an increase? Regards, Luke

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2021

Hi Luke,

Things like issue data and the text of Confluence pages don't count against your file usage - these are items one might consider as part of the database file. It's only the attachments that are going to affect your storage usage in Cloud. These are independent among the products; on the free tiers, you get 2GB for Confluence, a separate 2GB for Jira, etc.

One quick way to check this is actually by running the Cloud Migration Assistant app. When setting up a migration plan (you do not need to actually run it), the app will let you know the attachment size for Jira projects / Confluence spaces:

image.png

If you need more than 2GB for your Jira attachments, you can upgrade at any time from the Manage Subscriptions page in your site's settings. The Standard plan provides 250GB of storage. Detailed instructions here.

Cheers,
Daniel

p.s. You might be interested in reading some commonly-asked questions about storage for our Cloud product here. This document covers things like backups, what happens if you unsubscribe/downgrade a plan, etc.

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

@Luke Kenyon I guess for "free" version of Jira you are not able to get more space (because it is free :)). Standard version has 250GB of space available.

I guess you can check size of your database scheme used for Jira. And of course size of your "home" folder (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/jira-application-home-directory-938847746.html). The most important is data subfolder which contains attachments.

Suggest an answer