Closed ticket after X days

Steven Borne October 30, 2020

Hi ,

I don't realy understand how works closed ticket automaticly.

I'm in the SLA, and what I want it's that everyticket who enter in status "Waiting Customer" Wait 10 day and goes to "Resovle State".

Any idea how it's working...

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2020

Hi @Steven Borne , 

What you want to do is a very common usecase, and you will need to do this in 2 steps: 

1. Create an SLA
    • You will need a "Customer time-out" SLA or whatever name will work for you
    • You will need that SLA to start When entering waiting for customer. 
    • Depending of your "outs", the SLA needs to stop at every "out) (meaning, anything you need the SLA to stop;  a customer comment, any transition out of the "waiting for customer Status, this could be status In progress, status Resolved,...) 
    • An SLA time of 10 days put on this SLA
  2. Create an automation that triggers a transition when the previously created SLA is breached
    1. You need to go to the Service Desk automation module
    2. As a trigger, you need to add that the previously mentioned SLA is breached
    3. For good measure, you can put a condition that the Status of the ticket at that point in time should be "Waiting for customer"
    4. As an action, you need to transition the issue to status "Resolved" (Make sure that you set a resolution as well, either as postfunction in the workflow, or in the automation itself) 

I put these 2 steps in 2 screenshots: 

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 12.10.31.pngScreenshot 2020-10-30 at 12.11.42.png

Please let me know if this is not clear! 

- Tessa

Hi @Tessa Tuteleers ,

Thanks for the answer I just need some confirmations about SLA:

So I put something like this like when enterring in the states "Waiting for Customer" after 240h (10d) the tickets went to Close states ?SLArequest.PNG

What do I have to mentionne in JQL request ?

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2020

Hey @Steven Borne , 

looks good for the SLA part. 

But make sure to add all the statusses the ticket can go to from waiting for customer as well as ending conditions. (Otherwise, if you close the issue automatically, there is no customer comment, and the SLA won't stop. Or your agent puts it back to "In progress" manually because of a phone call, and the SLA won't stop,...). Make sure you got all your "exits" covered. 

The JQL you mention, you can use to exclude certain issues from this SLA (Goal). 

You could also put different SLA goals there. For example, an incident waiting for customer should never close, but a feature request should. 

Don't forget to also create the automation after this to make the issue close. 

The only thing you do here is setting an SLA, no automations are done by just doing this. 

-Tessa

Hi @Tessa Tuteleers ,

In fact when the customer answer the ticket goes to Waiting for Support, the goal is when the customer don't answer under 10d so the ticket went to Resolved.

I don't really understand about the request JQL, what should I put in ? I'm in the obligation to inquire somehting,

About automation,  I need to create a rules here ?JQLSyntax.PNGautomat.PNG

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2020

@Steven Borne , 

okay, then the stop conditions should be 

- entered status waiting for support

- entered status resolved

For the JQL, if this should for every issue in the project, you don't need a JQL. You need to add the objectif  of 240h in the line "Toutes les demanded restantes". 

For the automation, in "quand" you need to say -> when SLA breached (like my screenshot). 

I made screenshots with the "old" views for you: 

So SLA would be this: 

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 14.37.15.png

And the automation would be this (choose custom rule) : 

- The when: 

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 14.38.01.png

- The IF (not necessary but best practice): Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 14.38.49.png

- Most importantly, the THEN: Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 14.39.23.png

Let me know if you got it to work, with this information, that should be no problem ;)  

- Tessa

Steven Borne November 1, 2020

Hi @Tessa Tuteleers

Thank's for the help, I have create the SLA and the automation rules, I will check log and will told you if everything is good.

Like Tessa Tuteleers likes this
Steven Borne November 9, 2020

Hi @Tessa Tuteleers ,

The SLA request look like to work, but the rules seems not :(.

Look at the screenshot, the rules does not execute I don't rly know why ...

When I'm going on the ticket there is not update since 10d and label is empty ...

Should I modifiy the label ?

Thanks a lot for you help ...failedexec.PNGticketfailed.PNG

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 30, 2020

Hi @Steven Borne 

Also, you can try app SLA Time and Report. It allows you to set SLA goals and automate action for exceeded issues - change status.2020-10-30_21-57-42.png

Steven Borne November 2, 2020

Hi @Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_ ,

I don't have the same version that you have I can't trigger in SLA :(

Steven Borne November 2, 2020

slaversion.PNG

Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2020

Hi @Steven Borne 

It is another tool for SLA time measuring from Atlassian Marketplace https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220741/sla-time-and-report?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

Like Steven Borne likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events