Clear waiting Service Desk approvals

Timothée Quesada October 10, 2018

Hi all,

I recently configured a workflow with an approval step.

Everything works well however, an administrator may cancel the request in the meantime.

How can I delete the approval request? I wanted to do a post action in my transition for example.

I can using automation to refuse approval while I would simply wish to delete it.

I find my problem: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5039

(I does not appear in the Server Service Desk)

But I need a workarround (not only clear approvers, because the issue always needs an approvation...)

image.png

Regards,

Timothée

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2018

Hi Timothée,

Just for us to better understand the configuration you are trying to make, can you please share a screenshot of the workflow with us?
Are the approvers added at the moment the ticket is created?
Must the ticket be approved at the beginning of the investigation or after some point?

As the approval is configured in the workflow, it's not possible to delete and as you need the ticket to be approved at some point the workaround provided in the bug will not work and the one I was thinking (move ticket to another issuetype) will also not help.

Regards,
Angélica

Timothée Quesada October 11, 2018

Hi,

In Server, if I need an approval and the issue is transitionned: the approval is deleted.

I need to do the same in Cloud.

When my ticket is resolved, I need a customer approval (in order to close the ticket).

But a Service Desk Team could reopen the ticket, the status is changed.

But the approval (in Cloud), still remain.

Is it easier?

Thanks,

Timothée

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2018

Hi Timothée,

Unfortunately, it won't be possible to do on Cloud due to the bug.
We must wait for the bug to get fixed in order to do the same as on Server.
For your reference, you can find our policy on how we prioritize bug fixes here.

Regards,
Angélica

Rostislav Harazin February 29, 2020

Hi Angélica,

it seems the bug is still there. Can you provide us with its issuekey?

Regards
Rostislav

Edit: Sorry I didn't mention the JSDCLOUD-5039. Our team is affected by JSDCLOUD-5682.

Suggest an answer