Clean migration of the production environment to the cloud

Marco Vici April 21, 2023

Hi all,

I tested the migration from my Jira and Confluence Server instances to the cloud.

In the cloud space I made some changes and added some dummy data just to check that everything works as exepcted. Now I'm planning to migrate my production evnironment, but I want to perform a clean migration to a clean cloud space.

What is the right way to go? Create a new cloud space to migrate the production environment to? Restore the test cloud space to its default state, then migrate to it? Or something else?

Thank you,

Marco

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

If you want a guaranteed clean state to start with (always a good idea!), then I would definitely suggest that you just delete your old Cloud site, and create a brand new one. It is ease and it is safe.

Marco Vici April 21, 2023

Hi Aron,

Thank you for your answer.

When you say "delete your old Cloud site", you mean to go to Atlassian Administration>Settings>Delete organization?

Best regards,

Marco

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Yes, I meant exactly that!

(Oh, sorry, I didn't notice there was a newer question.)

Marco Vici May 18, 2023

Don't worry! Thank you for your reply.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events