Checklist on old ticket

Purva Kaul June 6, 2022

Hi my question is that can we add a checklist on already existing Jira Tickets. If yes how ?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Olena Brazhko_Railsware_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Purva Kaul 

You can easily add checklists to your already existing tickets by the means of Smart Checklist Pro. You can either add checklists manually or by using Templates.

I hope it helps! 

Purva Kaul June 7, 2022

Hey Olena ...Thanks for the reply....as of now we adding the checklist manually to the existing tickets and for the new ones checklist is automatically there.

Thanks again

Regards

Purva

Olena Brazhko_Railsware_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2022

@Purva Kaul hey!

Once enabled, Smart Checklist will appear in all tickets/issues of the project either blank or you can choose to add the checklist manually or via applying a template (manually or by default). Also, you can control the position of the checklist - either in the center panel or in the right panel.

I hope it's useful!

If you have any other questions regarding Smart Checklist, you can reach out directly to smartchecklist@railsware.com.

Cheers,

Olena

Alex June 22, 2023

Hi Olena,

we changed the default template checklist and this should now be updated in all existing items. How to do that?

Regards,

Alex

1 vote
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2022

Hi @Purva Kaul ,

Welcome to the Community :)

If there are no restrictions on closed tickets, then sure: just use some checklist app.

Here is link to Marketplace search for checklist apps available on Jira Cloud:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&query=checklist 

Cheers,
Łukasz

Purva Kaul June 6, 2022

Thank you for replying...but there is a slight change in my question .The tickets are not closed they are already existing in the sprint. For the new ones which we are making we are able to add checklist onto them but the already existing one does not take the checklist...When we open an already existing ticket the checklist is blank...I am unable to figure out why so.. Also there are no restrictions.

Your help is much appreciated. :)

Thank you

Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2022

It might depend on what App you're using to implement checklists in your projects.

As Łukasz has rightly pointed out, there is a plethora of options, but I can only speak for the ones I tried. I can assure you that with Issue Checklist for Jira you should have no problems with adding checklists to tickets regardless of their status.

Like # people like this
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 7, 2022

@Purva Kaul ok, so this is brings us a bit closer but is still not specific enough.

With your Jira admin ask yourself this questions:

1. Does it affect all users or only specific -> if specific, then it's probably something wrong with permissions
  2. Is it affecting edition of issues only? or also creation of new issues
    1. does sprint have anything to do with it -> maybe not, and it is only blurring the view
    2. if it affects edition/creation of issues in 'active' sprint only -> adding issues to sprint is affecting it scope, most probably not everyone can do that -> so again check if it affects everyone or only certain people
    3. is it affecting only checklist or other fields also ? -> again, maybe 'checklist' is just a smokescreen, but issue is different

If answering those questions doesn't clear it for you, and you are sure it affects only checklist -> then contact that checklist vendor with all the details. For sure they will appreciate it and the effort put into investigation :) 

Like Purva Kaul likes this
Purva Kaul June 7, 2022

Hey Lukasz ...Thanks for the reply....as of now we adding the checklist manually to the existing tickets and for the new ones checklist is automatically there.

Thanks again

Regards

Purva

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
July 5, 2022

Hi, @Purva Kaul 

To add a checklist on already existing Jira issues, try out Recurring Checklists and Report add-on. 

1.  Firstly, you need to create checklist and fill in it with necessary data

image.png
    2. After that, add checklist manually to the existing task

AD38C423-A901-4BA5-90CE-EADBEF93ACB8.GIF

Please, text me if any questions

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders