Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Checklist on old ticket

Hi my question is that can we add a checklist on already existing Jira Tickets. If yes how ?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi @Purva Kaul 

You can easily add checklists to your already existing tickets by the means of Smart Checklist Pro. You can either add checklists manually or by using Templates.

I hope it helps! 

Hey Olena ...Thanks for the reply....as of now we adding the checklist manually to the existing tickets and for the new ones checklist is automatically there.

Thanks again

Regards

Purva

Hi @Purva Kaul ,

Welcome to the Community :)

If there are no restrictions on closed tickets, then sure: just use some checklist app.

Here is link to Marketplace search for checklist apps available on Jira Cloud:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&query=checklist 

Cheers,
Łukasz

Thank you for replying...but there is a slight change in my question .The tickets are not closed they are already existing in the sprint. For the new ones which we are making we are able to add checklist onto them but the already existing one does not take the checklist...When we open an already existing ticket the checklist is blank...I am unable to figure out why so.. Also there are no restrictions.

Your help is much appreciated. :)

Thank you

It might depend on what App you're using to implement checklists in your projects.

As Łukasz has rightly pointed out, there is a plethora of options, but I can only speak for the ones I tried. I can assure you that with Issue Checklist for Jira you should have no problems with adding checklists to tickets regardless of their status.

Like # people like this

@Purva Kaul ok, so this is brings us a bit closer but is still not specific enough.

With your Jira admin ask yourself this questions:

1. Does it affect all users or only specific -> if specific, then it's probably something wrong with permissions
  2. Is it affecting edition of issues only? or also creation of new issues
    1. does sprint have anything to do with it -> maybe not, and it is only blurring the view
    2. if it affects edition/creation of issues in 'active' sprint only -> adding issues to sprint is affecting it scope, most probably not everyone can do that -> so again check if it affects everyone or only certain people
    3. is it affecting only checklist or other fields also ? -> again, maybe 'checklist' is just a smokescreen, but issue is different

If answering those questions doesn't clear it for you, and you are sure it affects only checklist -> then contact that checklist vendor with all the details. For sure they will appreciate it and the effort put into investigation :) 

Like Purva Kaul likes this

Hey Lukasz ...Thanks for the reply....as of now we adding the checklist manually to the existing tickets and for the new ones checklist is automatically there.

Thanks again

Regards

Purva

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,658 views 37 46
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you