• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Checkbox based automations broken?

Hi all,

I've noticed that my checkbox-triggered automations stopped working in the past week or so.

I've changed parameters on the condition to every possible combination of settings available (even the ones I knew wouldn't work, but just to cover all bases) and am having no luck.

Is this an understood bug? Have things changed and I totally missed it?

pics below of what I see lately (mind you, this was one of the most reliable automations we've had since about May or June)

Feel free to disregard the pointless redaction.

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 11.16.58.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-12 at 11.17.21.png

1 answer

Hi @Ben Golder 

Have you considered inserting a Log action after the trigger and before the condition to log the value of the checklist values?  That will help you diagnose if something in the values has changed, and so the condition is not being met.

Best regards,

Bill

I haven't done that yet, but I modified parameters in a test to only react under a single, specific box being toggled to [true] and the automation logs responded accordingly by showign that an event was triggered as a result of me checking said box off. I sanity checked by checking and unchecking the box when the ticket was in other statuses outside of the one prescribed for this automation and it wouldn't trigger. Same if I checked off any/all other boxes independently of the checkbox of interest.

Would there be something else that having the logs could provide knowledge on considering the automation isn't technically "broken"?

Thanks for that information.  I was suggesting the use of the log to confirm that the smart value was indeed parsing as you expected, particularly because this is a custom field.

Now that you have verified that it works for one value for a specific trigger, try using the generic trigger again (field changed) and see what a logged value is and see if it matches what you expect.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,071 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you