Checkbox based automations broken?

Ben Golder November 12, 2020

Hi all,

I've noticed that my checkbox-triggered automations stopped working in the past week or so.

I've changed parameters on the condition to every possible combination of settings available (even the ones I knew wouldn't work, but just to cover all bases) and am having no luck.

Is this an understood bug? Have things changed and I totally missed it?

pics below of what I see lately (mind you, this was one of the most reliable automations we've had since about May or June)

Feel free to disregard the pointless redaction.

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 11.16.58.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-12 at 11.17.21.png

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Hi @Ben Golder 

Have you considered inserting a Log action after the trigger and before the condition to log the value of the checklist values?  That will help you diagnose if something in the values has changed, and so the condition is not being met.

Best regards,

Bill

Ben Golder November 16, 2020

I haven't done that yet, but I modified parameters in a test to only react under a single, specific box being toggled to [true] and the automation logs responded accordingly by showign that an event was triggered as a result of me checking said box off. I sanity checked by checking and unchecking the box when the ticket was in other statuses outside of the one prescribed for this automation and it wouldn't trigger. Same if I checked off any/all other boxes independently of the checkbox of interest.

Would there be something else that having the logs could provide knowledge on considering the automation isn't technically "broken"?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2020

Thanks for that information.  I was suggesting the use of the log to confirm that the smart value was indeed parsing as you expected, particularly because this is a custom field.

Now that you have verified that it works for one value for a specific trigger, try using the generic trigger again (field changed) and see what a logged value is and see if it matches what you expect.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events