ChatCPT configure of the fields

Іван Андрєєв March 24, 2023

ChatCPT wrote to me that it is possible to configure the dependence of the fields so that without filling one field it is not possible to fill another, I do not find documentation on this issue, whether it is possible without additional plugins. Was it possible before?

3 answers

0 votes
Inus Grobler April 10, 2023

No

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

Don't use ChatGPT to answer questions on subjects it has not been trained on, like Atlassian software.

Before Christmas, Adaptavist tried to use it to answer questions on Community (we didn't post any of them) and just after Christmas one of our community leads did hook it up and let it post answers in their name.  Of a sample size of about 400 questions between those two groups, it only gave one right answer, which was not that helpful despite being technically right.  

It gave us a lot of utterly awful answers though.  Well written, accessible, easy to read (unlike some of mine) but wrong.  Just howlingly dreadfully wrong.  It referred to functions that do not exist, clearly has no understanding of Scrum, Kanban or just getting things done, and when talking about code, invented APIs that just aren't even there.

Obviously, we removed all of these bad answers, and got the leader to turn off his bot.  The CAB are talking about how we might get an automatic block of ChatGPT answers in the next iteration of Community (due in May)

-----

So, ChatGPT aside, I have to say I don't think I understand your question.

My best guess is that you want to say "if field A is filled in, do not allow the creator/editor to fill in field B".  Is that right?  If not, could you explain a bit more?

Іван Андрєєв March 27, 2023

This is exactly what I want to do, but it is not possible without additional plugins. Thanks for the interesting and useful information by the way.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

Hi @Іван Андрєєв 

First, why are you using ChatCPT? 

And what exactly is your question? 

Іван Андрєєв March 24, 2023

@John Funk  Hi

I want to block one field, provided that the other field is not filled and do it without additional plugins, but I used ChatGPT to possibly find the answer.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2023

There is going to be no clean way to do that without a plugin - specifically ScriptRunner Behaviours. You could try to block the transition of the issue if certain fields are not populated using a Validator and/or Condition in the workflow on the transition, but that's about it. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events