Changing workflows for multiple projects

Linda Redgate April 21, 2023

I have everything in place, and tested, to implement new workflows for all issue types in 6 projects.

Is there any limitation on the number of updates that need to be made when implementing the new workflows?

Also, does anyone know how long changes like this could take?  

1 answer

1 vote
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Hi @Linda Redgate , 

If I understand you have 1 new workflow scheme with a few workflows for the different issuetypes that you want to start using in 6 projects? 

You would have to do the following steps: 

• For each project, go to the project admin and change the workflow scheme to the newly created and tested scheme. 
    Depending on how many issues there are in the project, this could take from 2 seconds to an hour and a half (my personal max with +- 10k issues).
    You will need to map all the statusses that aren't available anymore to new available statusses. 
  • If you need to map statusses (when statusses aren't available anymore), or if you have added new statusses, be aware that you need to check al the following as well
    • Filters for (dash-)boards
    • Column mapping on boards
    • Automation rules

As an admin, there is no limitation of updates, however, you cannot migrate the workflows of 1 project when another project workflow migration is still in progress, so be aware that if the projects contain a lot of issues, you can't migrate them simultaneous. 

Hope this helps!! 

- Tessa

Linda Redgate April 21, 2023

Thanks Tessa

I know how to implement the workflows, so I am good there.

Thanks for answering the timing question -that will help planning the migration.

However, you have answered another question that I was mulling over and I believe that I would need to migrate project by project.  Is that correct?

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

That's correct @Linda Redgate , 

you would need to go project by project, because the current state of the used workflows might not be the same. For each project you could have different flows for different issue types, so the mapping would not be the same for all the different projects. 
It gives you a little more control of the migration itself.

Happy migration! 

- Tessa 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders