Change you add values to the project type field?

Thomas Sawyer May 17, 2023

Right now on the project details page, within the "Project Type" field, only two values are available - "Software" and "Business". Can additional values be added? I clicked the link ( or I thought) in the documentation, but came up empty. 

Project Type.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steve Long -Evelon-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Thomas Sawyer

Short answer - no.

This is not an editable field, it just defines the type of project within Jira that has been created. Be it Jira Software, Jira Work Management, Jira Service Management, etc.

Hope that helps - Steve.

Thomas Sawyer May 17, 2023

Thanks Steve. I was afraid of that. What I'm trying to do is organize automation rules. We have different "blocks" of project types such as custom web, ERP, etc. These blocks will have a group of automation rules relevant to them and some that are not. It's a pain to put automation rules in for each project, but we also don't like putting everything in globally. 

Steve Long -Evelon-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2023

@Thomas Sawyer in that case you'll definitely want to use Project Categories: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-assign-and-delete-project-categories/

You can group your automation rules using these as well!

Like Kelly Arrey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events