Change the DONE pipeline for the purpose of reporting

Ameeq Asrar January 14, 2021

Hi guys,

So this (refer to attachment) is the way we have set up our pipelines. This serves our ticket progression nicely, but our tickets normally rest in Ready for Launch for quite a while before they get moved to Done (pushed to production). In this scenario, when a ticket has been moved to Ready for Launch, that means the Dev and QA team are done with it, and I would like the burndown chart to somehow show that. But the burndown currently only respects the Done pipeline. 

I don't want to set the ticket to Resolved when it is moved to Ready for Launch, but is there a way to get custom reporting to show Ready for Launch tickets as pseudo Done.

CleanShot 2021-01-15 at 07.44.28@2x.png

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Ameeq Asrar  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What problem are you trying to solve?

I am assuming for the moment you are using Scrum, not Kanban...  If so, to me the scrum reporting you describe seems accurate, and this information may help your team to decide how to improve your processes.  And tell you how long items take to fully be "done and released".

Your request would cause burn-up/down to show as completed work before release, but you say your definition of "done" includes released.  And you note:

"our tickets normally rest in Ready for Launch for quite a while before they get moved to Done (pushed to production)"

Is quite a while longer than a sprint length?  Multiple sprints?

You have a many options, depending on the problem you are trying to solve:

• If you need a measure of progress, consider creating a dashboard by status to see where the contents of issues/releases are
  • If you find you regularly cannot build/release within a sprint, consider working on smaller items, releasing in smaller chunks, or evolving from Scrum to Kanban methods
  • etc.

Please discuss with your team to understand the problem before experimenting with a new approach to reporting.

Thanks, and best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events