Change story type short-cut disappeared?

Randy Goodall February 24, 2021

Until a couple weeks ago, clicking on the story type icon to get the drop-down allowed direct change of the story type with going through the move screens.  Now the move screens are back.  Did Jira change in some way, or did we break something?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

Hi Randy,

Whether you can change the Issue Type directly or whether you have to use the Move function depends on what Issue Types are attached the current workflow being used by the issue. 

If this is the only issue type attached to the workflow, then you will not be able to change the issue type with the simple dropdown. 

So, in other words, the move function implies that you have to change workflows to select a different issue type. 

0 votes
robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

I still can from within the issue.  I cannot from the list/queue of issues.  But if I click the issue and go into the issue I can click on it and get a dropdown

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 3.37.22 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events