Change parent option no longer available

Diane v June 8, 2021

Hi all,

Over the weekend it looks like the Change Parent option previously available from the context menu (...) against issues has been removed. At the same time, we now seem to have an Actions Menu, but the Change Parent option can't be located within there. I don't expect it's a permissions issue since myself and colleague who have been looking for this option over the last few days have the highest privileges.

We were able to locate a change parent option within the move function, but only for sub-tasks, not for issues.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Diane.

context menu.png.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2021

Hi @Diane v 

Can you click on the 'epic link' field and choose a new Epic from the dropdown as per below:

image.png

Thanks,

Liam

Diane v June 20, 2021

That's a great idea, thank you Liam! I was so in the habit of using change parent I didn't think of this before!

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

Glad to be of assistance!

Like # people like this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Hi Diane - If you select the option for Move, you will see the ability to change parent on the next screen. 

Diane v June 10, 2021

Thanks for the reply, but per my original post, change parent is not available within the move function for issues (it is for sub-tasks), please refer below:

move issue.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

If you are on the Sub-task issue itself, and then click on Move, you should see this:

screenshot.png

Is that not what you see? 

Diane v June 20, 2021

Hi John, No, it's not, because it's for an "Issue" rather than a "Sub-Task"... The change parent function was available for Issues previously as well.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events