Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Change or Customise the new JIRA Issue View

Is there anyway I can amend the page split in the new issue view?

By default almost half the screen is now given over to the 'fields' list on the right hand side. This data is of no interest to me whilst I am working on an issue, what I need to be able to do is read the issue description and subsequent comments clearly, that's my focus.  Since the change this section area has been reduced making the reading of the data very difficult because of the constant text wrapping.  I get 1/2 a screen to read a lengthy description of an issue and 1/2 a screen to read a 2 character label of an estimated time that I don't even want, or need, to see at all and it remains visible the whole time.

Couldn't it be made to hide the right side field section the same as happens with the Filters on the left side 

Any help/advice that would ease my frustration would be most welcome.   

1 answer

Hi @Gary Parnham and welcome to the community!

the new issue view has been in transition since last year. Unfortunatly there is not much customziation you can do.

You can move some fields from the description section to the context section but you cannot hide the right side.

Fields that do not matter to you might/will matter to others. Your suggestion to have a collapsable right side sounds nice so I'd suggest to open a support call for it so they can launch a suggestion. You can contact them directly at https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Thanks for such a quick reply Dirk.

That's what I was afraid of, looks like we're stuck with what we've been given. I have already given my feedback to Atlassian through the web page link, maybe if others raise the same issue it may be improved in a future release.  Until then I will just have to keep grumbling quietly to myself. Thanks again.     

A change request to make the right pane collapsible is in Atlassian's backlog.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76253

I recommend that you vote for it.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Thanks Trudy, my vote added and fingers crossed for a quick resolution.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

263 views 7 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you