Change or Customise the new JIRA Issue View

Gary Parnham May 14, 2021

Is there anyway I can amend the page split in the new issue view?

By default almost half the screen is now given over to the 'fields' list on the right hand side. This data is of no interest to me whilst I am working on an issue, what I need to be able to do is read the issue description and subsequent comments clearly, that's my focus.  Since the change this section area has been reduced making the reading of the data very difficult because of the constant text wrapping.  I get 1/2 a screen to read a lengthy description of an issue and 1/2 a screen to read a 2 character label of an estimated time that I don't even want, or need, to see at all and it remains visible the whole time.

Couldn't it be made to hide the right side field section the same as happens with the Filters on the left side 

Any help/advice that would ease my frustration would be most welcome.   

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Hi @Gary Parnham and welcome to the community!

the new issue view has been in transition since last year. Unfortunatly there is not much customziation you can do.

You can move some fields from the description section to the context section but you cannot hide the right side.

Fields that do not matter to you might/will matter to others. Your suggestion to have a collapsable right side sounds nice so I'd suggest to open a support call for it so they can launch a suggestion. You can contact them directly at https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Gary Parnham May 14, 2021

Thanks for such a quick reply Dirk.

That's what I was afraid of, looks like we're stuck with what we've been given. I have already given my feedback to Atlassian through the web page link, maybe if others raise the same issue it may be improved in a future release.  Until then I will just have to keep grumbling quietly to myself. Thanks again.     

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

A change request to make the right pane collapsible is in Atlassian's backlog.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76253

I recommend that you vote for it.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Gary Parnham May 17, 2021

Thanks Trudy, my vote added and fingers crossed for a quick resolution.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events