Change date format on Jira issue

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2020

Hi all,

When users use the New Jira issue view, the date display format becomes YYYY/MM/DD.

date_format.jpg

How can I change to display as DD/MM/YYYY ? The old Jira view displays correctly.

Regards,
Zaldy

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2020

Have a look at the admin section (cog icon)  under settings > look and feel

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2020

Hi @Jack Brickey ,

When I went to Settings > System > Look and feel, I can see the Date / time formats heading with:

Day Format
Complete Date/Time Format
Day/Mont/Year Format
USE ISO8601 standard in Date Picker

All of them have Revert button next to them. Which I clicked for Complete Date/Time Format and Day/Mont/Year Format.

And unfortunately, the result is the same; the date still displays as YYYY/MM/DD. Am I doing it wrong?

Regards,
Zaldy

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

I have removed the "accepted answer" here as it appears to not provide the solution. I have not played with this TBH so all I could do at this point is play around to see if I could find a solution. However, that is what Atlassian Support is for so I suggest that @Zaldy Parian or @Erica Nagle open a ticket w/ support.

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2021

Hi Jack,

I have raised a ticket as suggested.

jira_ticket.jpg

Regards,

Zaldy

0 votes
Erica Nagle December 29, 2020

I also have this problem. The answer above does not offer a solution as Zaldy pointed out. Please advise.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events