Change child's status based on parent's status by automation

Kaviraj April 28, 2022

Hi 

Greetings,

How to create automation rule for changing child's status based on parent's status.

• What I need with Example:

If parent issue status (PROJ-69) reaches "Start Development", automation rule should check related subtasks (subtask issue type - DEV, "Test design") status is "Done" then change to "Start Execution".

• What I tried & error:

Capture 1.PNGCapture 2.PNG

I have added condition for this transition to execute only by automation not by any user.(refer below image)

Capture 3.PNG

Kindly advise to modify the rule to get correct result.

Thank you !

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kaviraj May 12, 2022

Solved with help of support team. Thanks.

Capture 6.PNG

0 votes
Zayn Silva March 20, 2023

Hello! I am trying to figure out the same issue how did you fix this?

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

Your rule includes the Related Issues condition to look for sub-tasks of the triggered issue.

Are "Dev" and "Test Design" issue types did you create them as Sub-task issue types?

For the issues listed in the audit log as not matching the Related Issues Condition, what are the issue types for those issues?

Kaviraj April 29, 2022

Hi @Trudy Claspill  

Thanks your response.

Yes, Issue types of "Dev" and "Test Design" are Sub-task.

Yes, some subtasks are not matched. Noted. But as per my query it should take only "Dev" and "Test Design" right?

Its considering all subtask under PROJ-69 (refer below image).

Subtask issue type is "Dev" - PROJ-119, PROJ-121 

Subtask issue type is "Test Design" - PROJ-120, PROJ-122

Capture 5.PNG

But what I really need is- Query should take Subtask issue type "Dev" and "Test design" then change status to "Start Execution".

Appreciate your response.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer