Change a WorkFlow in a Project without modify linked Projects

Antonino Pollio October 14, 2021

Goodmorning,

I need to modify a WorkFlow within a project, which is related to 5 other Projects. My request is: how can I modify the Workflow within a project without affecting the remaining 5 Workflows?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Workflows do not exist "in" projects - they are separate items held globally, and referenced by projects when needed.

If you change a workflow, it's going to affect all the projects using it because there is only one workflow that you're changing.

If you want to change a workflow a project is using, you can, but it will affect all the projects using that workflow.  To make a project work differently to others, you need to tell it to use a different workflow (in your case, probably by copying the current workflow and using the copy instead)

Antonino Pollio October 14, 2021

Yes, this is my problem. So I have to create a new Workflow and I have to chose it for this particular Project, is it correct?

Thanks in advance.

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Hi Antonino,

You should copy the shared workflow and then make your changes to the new inactive workflow.

Then you will probably want to copy the shared Workflow Scheme as well and change out the previous shared workflow for the new workflow you just created. 

Then attach the newly create Workflow Scheme to the project that needs the new one. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

Yes, you need to create a new workflow. 

Raju August 22, 2022

Hi Antonino,

Simply you can copy that workflow then it will went to the Inactive workflow so you can modify the workflow and later you can assign that workflow to the project.

Than you!

Like Antonino Pollio likes this
1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

Hi @Antonino Pollio 

You have to copy this specific workflow to a new copy, make the modifications and then assign this workflow to the specific issue type of that specific project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events