Change Site Icon (not site logo or space logo)

yaniv farmad August 5, 2020

i want to change these icons:

2020-08-05 11_00_41-[FN-503] 4CAST _ signal stops after SL - Jira - MX5 5.3.8.2000 - max5.png

is there a way?

this page does help changing the favicon and space logo and site logo, but it does not change the icons in the image above (what's their names? aren't they site icons?)

10x

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2020

Hi Yaniv,

I think this might be a bug. It is showing a different icon for our Jira Instance than our logo attached to the instance in the systems settings.

I would submit a request here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Thank you John. we are currently using jira free, so it would not let me open a ticket.

Do you have another suggestion?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2020

I will open a ticket because I have the same issue.  :-)  

I will let you know what comes of that. 

Thank you, i appreciate it.

btw, once fixed, what will be the content of this icon, the site's logo? or favicon?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2020

Well, seems there is an open Feature Request for this. Please click on the link and vote for it (and add yourself as a watcher if you want to follow it). 

I have no idea what their ultimate resolution might be but I would hope that they would use the logo for our company logo. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74711

Like # people like this
Kevin Ashton April 20, 2021

That feature request doesn't seem to be related--we can already rename our cloud site names.  

However, there seems to be a random Atlassian icon (light bulb, coffee cup, etc.) that is assigned at the org/site level: {name}.atlassian.net and is used across the Administration section and in the "Switch To" menu.

There doesn't seem to be any way to change this Atlassian Site icon--and it's incredibly frustrating to not be able to set that to a company or group logo.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2020

These icons are provided  by the apps that the links go to.  They're not site icons for Jira.

Kevin Ashton April 20, 2021

They're icons for the Atlassian Cloud Site and appear to exist above any specific product.  The icon appears to be associated with the top level site: {name}.atlassian.net as it's consistent for that site across the Administration menu and across all products in the "Switch To" menu.  The icon seems to be assigned to the site at random when it's created and there's no apparent way to change it.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events