Change JIRA base URL

Oleg Gladyshev June 26, 2018

According to this documentation changing the URL is quite easy. But I can't see the BaseURL edit box! It is absent if I push the "edit settings" button.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2018

Hi @Oleg Gladyshev,

This is caused by permission restrictions

You need to have the Jira system administrator global permission in order to perform this function.

jira.png

Thanks a lot, it seems that you are right. But I can't get these rights now :) I set up the server by myself, my login is "admin". The admin user consist in following groups 

But when I switch to Global Permissions section there are no "JIRA System Administrators" group at all! Just "JIRA administrators" and others... Is it normal? 

I think this was happened because I imported system configuration from cloud instance. Of course, my admin user was not the cloud's administrator. 

Now the question is how to add me to JIRA site Administrators group in the standalone server installation?

Thanks a lot, you are right. But I have another problem now. My user (admin) doesn't have the Jira system administrator rights. I think this happened because I imported a backup from a cloud instance.

Do you know how can I add an admin user to the group? I have a full access to the Linux host system where the JIRA installed. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2018

A cloud export imported into a Server system will have had a user added with system admin rights - from memory, it's username and password are both just sysadmin

If you log in as that, then add yourself to the right system admin group(s), that should do the trick.  I'd also change the password on the sysadmin account, or even delete it entirely.

If that does not work, then someone may have already changed the password and/or deleted it.  In that case, try https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html  - it's a bit long but you can skim it until you find the section that applies to you.

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, thank you very much! I logged in as sysadmin and set appropriate permissions for another users. The problem is solved now. 

0 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2018

Hello,

You can retrieve your system admin user from database if you have access. Take a look at this document. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html

Regards,

Elifcan

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2018

Hi @Oleg Gladyshev,

Which version do you use?
Can you take a screenshot of the information displayed after clicking the edit button

jira_no_base_URL.pngHere is the screenshot. My server version is 7.10.1.

Like Qing Ye likes this

Suggest an answer