Challenges to multiply 3 custom fields

Jouni Riimala December 14, 2022

Hi,

I'm using jira automation plugin and my goal is to multiply 3 number fields and assign result to fourth, what is my mistake ?

Current formula:

{{#=}}{{issue.Harm severity (after mitigation)}} * {{issue.Propability of occurence (after mitigation)}} * {{issue.Propability of harm (after mitigation)}} {{/}}

Error:

Error rendering smart-values when executing this rule:
Unknown unary operator * at character position 8: 3.0 * * 3.0
-Jouni

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

In case you have error with description "Unknown unary operator * at character position" then one thing to try is to rewrite field names again / copy paste those ex from custom fields.

Hope that this helps somebody.

-Jouni

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Yes, you should always copy and paste the full and exact field name to be sure it is correct. 

Another thing to do is use the custom field ID instead of the name. Names With characters like ) always make me leery when using in smart values.

0 votes
Patrick Alexander December 14, 2022

Hi Jouni,

my first idea is an empty field. So if you get the result 3.0 * * 3.0 one number ist missing. Maby the value of issue.Propability of occurence (after mitigation) is empty?

Hi Patrick, 

I got this just solved just by copy pasting field names from another page and suddenly formula just started to work :) I didn't see any differences, but end of the day only result matters.

Br, Jouni

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events