Cascade Field required

arno April 19, 2023

Hi all

I created a new cascade field and set it as required. When I select the first option, I can create an issue even if the second option is empty. How can I set the second option not to be empty so that the user can create an issue

3 answers

0 votes

Hi Arno,

we can do this through JMWE Plugin.

select the workflow and on initial transition click on condition add field required validator JMWE and in condition add this after selecting issue fields

issue.customfield_24469 && issue.customfield_24469.child.value

I got this now.

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2023

Hi @arno ,

Have also a look on this question or this question.

regards, Marco

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hi @arno ,

there is a specific ticket for that request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-33123

Currently there is a workaround using an external app :

Workaround

Use the Suite Utilities for JIRA plugin and the "Field Required" workflow validator

• You would add this to the Create Transition and also make the field required
  • You need to make the field required so that it will show the red asterisk indicating that it is required

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

If we use JSU plugin and field required Validator , then it will take only Parent field right ? it wont consider if we have a value in second option or not right ?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hey @CHINNAMUTHEVISAI_SATYANARAYANASHARMA , if you use Field Required validator provided by JSU, both options will be mandatory

With JSU , i'm not able to achieve it , but from JMWE i got this one as expected.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events