Captcha loop problem.

Sofia Grunspan August 2, 2021

Hi! I have the following problem, when I try to log in with my user that is in an Active Directory, If I attempt to put my password in a wrong way 5 times the CAPTCHA test appears, when I write my password correctly and write the CAPTCHA test right, another CAPTCHA appears and that happens without end.
Using another user, when I reset failed login count and try to login with my original user, first appear an advise that says that "The username or the password is wrong" (even when they're correct). Then another advise appeared saying "User ID is required", I've followed what this link says (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/user-receives-repeated-captcha-prompts-on-login-to-jira-server-457703732.html ) and it didn't work, when I clear the browser cookies it shows me the first advise ( "Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again").
I need if someone can tell me how to fix this, which steps i must follow to make this work right. Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

@Sofia Grunspan if you reset the failed login count it should fix the issue.  Is the user utilizing the correct username or do they have their password saved in the browser?  I have seen this issue a lot when the password is saved in the browser.

Suggest an answer