Cant CTL+V an image from Snip Tool into a ticket Description

Chris Bolger March 25, 2024

I'm using Jira Cloud in Chrome on a PC

Trying to paste images from Windows Snip Tool into the ticket. 

When I do this, I get a "Preview Unavailable" Error, which, Ironically, I cant paste into here!

1 answer

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2024

Welcome to the community @Chris Bolger 

Make sure that the permissions for the attachments are set correctly. This is why you see this message as well.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 13.32.21.png

Hi,

I'm set to Org and Site Admin

Where are you searching for the Attachments Permission?

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2024

Project Settings -> Permissions, scroll down until you see the Attachments Permissions and see who has the permissions to create attachments

Hi, this is set to "Application Access(Any Logged in User)"

All the project are based on the same template. 

For clarity I can attached an image, I just can paste directly into the Description

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2024

This is not related to Jira directly, but there was a similar issue reported here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/Images-show-quot-Preview-unavailable-quot-for-no-apparent-reason/td-p/2066672/page/3

Create a ticket, then with editing paste the picture into the description.

Try with different browsers and incognito mode as well.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events