Cannot verify email after accepting Jira project invite

James Bryant
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2024

I received an email invite to join Jira from my admin, sent to my work email. Accepting the invite redirects me to a page to verify the email where I must input my full name and a new password for the account and complete a reCAPTCHA prompt. I get stuck in a loop with the captcha. After several attempts, the captcha is completed and I click to continue and I get this error message:

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 10.12.28 AM.png

For added context, my work email is different from the email that I have for my existing Atlassian account, I think this is the issue.

I have also tried the steps listed in this thread.

1 answer

0 votes
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

Hi @James Bryant and welcome to the Community,

your existing Account has nothing to do with the Work Email Account as that would have been created newly when your Admin sent the invite.

However, let's say both emails are Microsoft Accounts and you use Edge to verify the work email but the browser has you logged in with your private/other account... that could be an issue.

Have you tried opening the Link in a private Browser tab or a different browser all together? 

James Bryant
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 22, 2024

Yes, I've tried opening the invite link in Safari and in a private Firefox window. The captcha issue still persists.

Suggest an answer