Cannot save a view of a Structure

Nathan Charpentier June 3, 2019

Hi, 

I am trying to save a view of our structure for my PO and Stakeholders but cannot find the button on Jira Software! 
I've read the wiki page through and through but the layout shown does not correspond to what I have on my structure view, anyone has any idea what could the cause of this? 

https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Saving+and+Sharing+Views

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2019

Hi, @Nathan Charpentier 

As Egor said above, the Structure Cloud documentation starts here.

You might not have noticed, but there is helper text at the top of the page to help ensure that you're on the right doc pages:

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 7.36.38 AM.png

(On the Server/Data Center pages there is corresponding helper text: "You are viewing documentation for Structure Server and Data Center version 5.3 and patch releases. For other versions, see Version Index or Structure Cloud.")

Also, you can reach our Cloud support team anytime via cloud@almworks.com.

Good luck with your evaluation. Hope this helps. 

-dave [ALM Works]

0 votes
Answer accepted
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2019

Hi Nathan,

Just a clarification, are you perhaps using Jira Cloud? In that case, there are still a few differences between Server/DC Structure and Structure Cloud. 

Here is Structure Cloud Documentation.

If we are not talking Jira Cloud, then a screenshot may help. I suggest we troubleshoot the issue via support@almworks.com

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

Nathan Charpentier June 3, 2019

Hi @Egor Tasa [ALM Works]

Thanks a lot for your quick answer! 
Yes I am using Jira Cloud, sorry I did forget to add this info. 

I've read your link but still cannot find how to share the view (with added and configured columns). 
Perhaps I am missing something? 

Kind regards, 
Nathan

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2019

Hi Nathan,

Currently, Structure Cloud does not have this capability. Among other things:

• Limited view management - configured columns are stored in the local browser storage per structure, per user, and it is not possible to share them or set default views for structures

It is not possible to share views at the moment.

Regards,
Egor

Suggest an answer