Cannot recieve email for changing password

渉 井上 February 3, 2021

I was to login Jira Software, but I forgot my login password. So, I clicked the link "Can't access your account?", and tried to change my password via email. But the email was not to sent. 

I'm using Jira Software on my company's private GCP service, and I have administrator authority on Jira Software. So I checked my account's user name and user email address using MySQL on GCP, but there seems to be no mistakes on both of them(I checked cwd_user.user_name and cwd_email_address using MySQL command line, but both of user name and email address were same as my input for changing password).

Can I change password in othre way?

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Yes, there is a way.

If you have access to the server, please follow the below link to reset the password.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-972329273.html

First stop Jira and Edit file in <installation-directory>/bin/setenv.sh file

We have to set the property

-Datlassian.recovery.password=<your-password>

Start Jira again

You can now login with Username recovery_admin and the password you have entered in the file.

You now have access to Jira Server with System admin rights.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer