Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot login due to CAPTCHA image not showing Edited

Hello,

We have an issue with our instance of JIRA running on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard edition. The issue is that we cannot login to JIRA due to the CAPTCHA image not showing, please see attached image:

Capture.PNG

We have tried several of the workarounds/solutions I found looking through the JIRA community questions but I've had no luck. We tried clearing the browser cookies, restarting JIRA, installing additional fonts, nothing has resolved the issue.

Can you please advise?

Kind regards,

Evangelos Tilegrafos

1 answer

Hi @Evangelos Tilegrafos 

I think the issue might be related to the internet access of the Windows Server 2012 R2. Maybe some firewall rule ?

It looks very similar to the problem users on China have to login on Atlassian Cloud tools.

Please let us know if you were able to solve the problem.

Regards,

Hi Tiago,

Many thanks for your prompt response! Can you please give me a hint on which firewall rules we should be looking for, ie. any particular ports we should be allowing for Jira?  

Kind regards,

Evangelos Tilegrafos

Hi @Evangelos Tilegrafos 

From this post, you could use the command dig (Linux) or bind (Windows) to find out those.

From another post, the addresses were:

ip4:216.239.32.0/19
ip4:64.233.160.0/19
ip4:66.249.80.0/20
ip4:72.14.192.0/18
ip4:209.85.128.0/17
ip4:66.102.0.0/20
ip4:74.125.0.0/16
ip4:64.18.0.0/20
ip4:207.126.144.0/20
ip4:173.194.0.0/16

But, as the post stated, we should check them before any change, as they could have changed since they were published.

Hi Tiago,

We have checked and confirmed that all Google addresses are allowed and correct within the Proxy server. We also tried the solutions suggested in this article but none of these solved the issue: https://www.isunshare.com/internet/repair-captcha-graphic-image-not-showing-up-in-your-browser.html

Would you be able to take a further look if I sent you the JIRA log files?

Kind regards,

Evangelos Tilegrafos

Hi Tiago,

Can I please have an update on this? It's been several days we are unable to access Jira now and this is impacting our business negatively. Please let me know what other course of action we can take to resolve this.

Kind regards,

Evangelos Tilegrafos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,430 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you