Cannot integrate Azure AD with Jira?

Dean Callaghan March 1, 2020

Hello!

We have just setup Jira, however we are unable to roll out the Service Desk until users are added.

We have followed the guidelines and connected users from Azure to Atlassian Cloud, Setup SSO and even used the Microsoft Azure plugin to automatically pre-fill all options, however when we try to login, the following error appears:

Hmm... We're having trouble logging you in. 

Sorry, we had trouble logging you in with your Microsoft account. Your specific Azure Active Directory configuration is not currently supported. We are working on it!

For now, please enter your email in the login form and click continue and we will direct you to the most appropriate login method.

I have since removed the app from my Azure AD and started the process again, verified the domain but nothing. In the audit logs in Azure, it says that the users have successfully been imported, and everything there is perfect. But Jira has 0 users imported.

- I have setup the Atlassian account using an email and password, not a microsoft account. Will that have anything to do with it? I have tried setting up a brand new Atlassian account, however it shows me a similar error.

*Note, our azure account domains end with @Prasad.org.au but I have verified the domain @Prasad.com.au (this is an alias) - I am unable to verify the .org.au domain as it won't verify for some reason. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dean 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dean Callaghan March 4, 2020

I found the answer. It turns out that the domain I verified was an alias to the original domain my users have. Atlassian doesn't accept aliases. Once the correct domain is verified, the users flow through almost instantly. (They imported all along, just didn't sync)

Sofia Castaneda August 18, 2020

I'm curious to know if you had to use the Atlassian Access app to do this?

Dean Callaghan August 18, 2020

I did have to purchase Atlassian Access, yes. It appears having that is the gateway to integrating AD with any Atlassian product as they don't support it natively.

0 votes
Colin Goudie March 2, 2020

Did you get anywhere with this?

Dean Callaghan March 2, 2020

Unfortunately not!

Suggest an answer