Cannot get user property with JIRA Automation

Mark Haller December 29, 2020

I'm trying to at mention a user in my JIRA Automation.  I've read swathes of articles about how best to do this and it's not working.  I'm using JIRA Server.

In my "Send Slack Message" content I've got the following (the bold is the response)

rep 1 - {{issue.fields.reporter}} - MARKHALLER
rep 2 - {{reporter}} - MARKHALLER

rep 3 - {{issue.fields.reporter.properties.slack}} - BLANK
rep 4 - {{issue.fields.reporter.legacyProperties.slack}} - BLANK

I can see the following against my User profile in JIRA - 

How do I get the slack property from the reporter user profile?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

hi @Mark Haller did you try:

• {{ reporter.legacyProperties."jira.meta.slack" }}

Haha, of course I didn't - how would I know about that? :-)  Is there any docs/links?

It works perfectly!  And you score maximum points for replying within about 10 minutes :-)

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2020

Great :), Yeah I found it here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/users-993924862.html (last line) :D

Oh maaaan, and I always tell people off for "not reading things carefully" - and there's the bit about "Please note though that properties set by the UI ..." gaaaah!

Thanks again - you rock!

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2020

You know what? I was just helping my colleague with properties and Java API and we found out the difference between legacy and non-legacy properties, but we did it on our own...so I learned something new too :), but you're welcome :)

Suggest an answer