Cannot find option for User Management

Robert Edyvean June 30, 2021

I am set up as an Administrator for the Cloud account, and want to deactivate a number of users, however I don't seem to get any options to do this. When I go to Administration / Users, I only see an option to Invite Users. I know that I can remove users from a specific project, but I have a feeling that this won't affect the number of active licenses until I deactivate them or delete them "properly"

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

@Robert Edyvean , looking at your URL as well as the screen you shared, I note that you are a “trusted user“ not a Jira administrator. So you do not have the necessary permissions to revoke access. Please reach out to your dear administrator to achieve your goal.

I'm logged on as info@doccoms.co.uk which as you can see is clearly an Administrator...

Jira2.png

(The other two users are also defined with "Administrator" roles by the way

This has taken me half a day to try to manage the user licenses for Jira and I'm still not done it seems...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

There are different levels of administration here is a good article to become familiar with that. However there is a difference between a trusted user and site administrator see the image below. The site admin is required for revoking access.

95FE0CB3-6399-4844-A004-2E922A242E30.jpeg

Like shruti gupta likes this

I am logged in as the site administrator

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2021

Hmmm. Well your image prior shows “trusted” not site…

76343C2C-1863-44B0-88CD-3B60B27EA710.jpeg

if you are a site admin… click on the COG icon in upper right and select User management. Search for your name and click on the Show details. Your screen should look like this…

CCC9CF87-9997-44EC-86DE-214CB68749EC.jpeg

I think I managed to find it when I navigated to the "Team" site access (see below)

jira3.png

So I think I'm good, thanks for your help. That was painful though!

2 votes
shruti gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

Hi @Robert Edyvean 

I can understand that you want to deactivate/delete the users from the JIra .

Navigate to the user management and then click on user name and this will land into another page, from their you can deactivate the user from the product  by deselecting the check box  Or just toggle off the option "Has accesson site " .

Also ,for deletion of the user ,select the three dot and remove user .But it is suggested to deactivate the user instead of deleting.

Refere document for more detail 

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-happens-when-an-account-is-deactivated-vs-deleted/

Thanks Shruti, you say "Navigate to the user management" but how do I do this? Under Administration ... Users I just get an option to "Invite Users" ...

shruti gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

Administration->User Management->Users --> you will see the List of user ->click on the user you want to  deactivate .

Note - There is no separate button for deactivating the user like invite user.

Can you share the screenshot of the issue where you stuck?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2021

Share a screenshot of what you are looking at. Here is where you should be and what you should see. Note you may not have full admin permissions…

6F978E85-28A8-4C68-B1E6-94141BBC27B8.jpeg

jira.png

N.B. This is a Cloud instance ... I have been able to "remove" users from the Project, but I want to be sure that I have done what is necessary from a licensing point of view

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events