Cannot find new "time spent' field added to a KanBan board

Fred_Schulz August 23, 2019

I added the field but I don't see it on the card. Please bare with me I am new at Jira and appreciate all the help I can get.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2019

Hi Fred. Did you go into Board settings > Card layout and add Time Spent to the card layout?

Fred_Schulz August 26, 2019

Hi Jack, yes I did go the card layout field and add Time spent. But when I go to the Kanban issue/card i don't see the Time spent field.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2019

Can you share a screenshot of what you see ?

card layout cfg.PNGIssue-card.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2019

Fred, i'm a bit confused. The card layout is for the card in the Kanban. The second image is the detailed issue view. For example, below is an image of a Kanban board that is showing time spent.

timespent.jpg

are you trying to show time logging in the detailed view or the card?

Hi Jack,  i was looking to get it in the detailed view, preferably under the date created and updated fields. I thought that the card and detailed view were one and the same. I am relatively new at this and still trying to understand.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2019

ok so you need to have Time Tracking on the screen for the associated task. Go into project settings > screens and check to see if Time Tracking is in the list of fields for the screen in question. If so also make sure you have an estimate in the Original Estimate.

Hi Jack,  Time tracking is in the list but I do not see the Original Estimate field anywhere. 

While i was looking at the fields I noticed one called 'Primary Time in hours' that would also be of interest. In order to add these fields i imagine you have to be a Jira admin?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events