Cannot add fields on Card Layout, but edit and delete are allowed

Violetta Balayan January 12, 2020

I am the admin of a board that my QA team uses.  I'd like to add another field to the card layout for their board but no matter what I try, the option to ADD is disabled as pictured below.

The board was migrated from an on-prem instance to Cloud -- that is where the existing fields came from.  I can re-order them and I have the option to Delete, just cannot seem to add more even though more fields do exist.

Anyone seen this before?

Capture.PNG

Small update. This is only happening in the 'Active sprints' controls section.  The 'Backlog' is working correctly.

Capture2.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Violetta Balayan - You have to delete one of the fields if there are already 3 before you can add a new one. 

If that still doesn't work for you, you might want to try to copy the board, and see if the new board will let you do what you need. Then just delete the old board. 

Violetta Balayan January 13, 2020

You're right, John.  It appears the limit is 3.  The KB doesn't seem to have that constraint documented so it was definitely making me crazy thinking it was a defect of migration!

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

Glad you are able to better use it now.  :-)

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2020

Hello @Violetta Balayan

Might I suggest you also share this in the 'Migration' group?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Migrations/ct-p/migrations

Suggest an answer