Cannot add Status on Team-managed software

Clement Gomez December 2, 2021

Hi there,

Somehow I cannot add any new status/column to my new JIRA Team-managed software Board. I looked everywhere, I don't have this option, I have to correct admin permissions but still I cannot see anywhere to add this new status/column

2021-12-02 10_32_19-Administration.png

2021-12-02 10_35_23-PROP board - Agile board - Jira.png

Many thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Clement Gomez December 6, 2021

I found out where I could add new statuses in the meantime, by editing the Workflow and clicking the "+" in the top banner, not very intuitive...

2021-12-03 21_25_42-Properti - Issue types - Jira.png

Matt Swaffer October 24, 2022

"not very intuitive" is the official motto of the Jira UX team. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

So f you click “+” what happens?

334EA664-AE11-408D-9DAD-C2DBBF197C67.jpeg

Clement Gomez December 6, 2021

Thanks Jack. When I click on the "+", it creates a new empty column without any new status to add to it and therefore when saving it, it clears it all. I found out where I could add new statuses in the meantime, by editing the Workflow and clicking the "+" in the top banner, not very intuitive...

2021-12-03 21_25_42-Properti - Issue types - Jira.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Ah, yes. This has changed with more recent changes associated with managing workflows in TMP. It used to be that there was a 1:1 relationship between columns and statuses however this has changed as TMP has added support for different workflows by Issuetype.

Suggest an answer