Cannot access own workspace

LearnIt March 28, 2024

Hello.

I created “learnitworkspace” on jira wirh my email which is learnitworkspace@gmail.com.

I invited some team members and one of them has hijacked permissions is now the org admin for some reason. I do not remember assigning them as org admin. Now, I don’t have access to my own workspace I created and need to restore myself as org admin so I can remove the impostor. 

I can confirm my email personal info and anything else that’s needed to gain access again as org admin so I can manage my users.

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2024

Hi @LearnIt I can see that you are the billing contact of this site, but not a site-admin, nor an organization admin.  I created a ticket on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-985950

So that our support team can see if they can help here.

Andy

LearnIt April 1, 2024

Thank you!

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hi @LearnIt 

Has the user removed you as an Org Admin?

If yes, you'd have to contact Atlassian to discuss this further, which you can do via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

However, you have listed you're on a Free plan - so I've also mentioned it to Atlassian :)

Ste

LearnIt March 28, 2024

Yes, I have no access to the workspace whatsoever.

LearnIt March 28, 2024

What option do I need to choose when contacting Atlassian? All options so far seem to redirecting me to support documents.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hi @LearnIt 

If you're on a Free instance, you only have Community support as an option.

However, I've mentioned this to Atlassian directly, so they can review the situation. But their response won't be immediate.

Ste

LearnIt March 28, 2024

Okay, thank you. Should I keep an eye out for response from them here?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2024

Usually they respond on here, or through a ticket - either way, you should get an email notification :)

Ste

LearnIt March 28, 2024

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events