Cannot Create Issue after Migrating Project Tasks

Chris Cheers April 21, 2021

I had a project created which I mistakenly created as a Business Project instead of a Software Project. I had accumulated a number of issues and was now ready to work on the project, and after realizing what I had done, I followed the steps to create a new Software Project and then migrate all of my issues over to it. However now I cannot create new issues.

I have gone through the permissions checks (I am an Admin, but specifically put me the user as being able to create issues as well), and it says that I should have permissions to create issues, but there is still no option to do so.

I have checked the Issue Types, and they are applied to the project, and I am able to edit & move issues, and I can also create Sub-tasks for an existing issue.

The only other 2 things that I have done since migrating the tasks is to set the Status of the original project to closed and create a Kanban board for this issues (have tried looking for a Create option both on the Board and the issue list).

Either I am missing something REALLY simple, or I didn't do something right when creating the new project / migrating the tasks?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Cheers April 21, 2021

Never mind... I came across another post that said to try the shortcut key of "c", which worked. I mentioned that to a colleague who pointed to the "Create" button at the top of the screen. I have ALWAYS read that as being to create one of those items at the top, e.g. Project, Dashboard, Apps, etc. I never thought it would be to create an issue :| 

image.png

One thing that is still missing but, on an older Software Project, the Kanban board has a "Create Issue" option, or you can just start typing at the bottom of the column. There is no option for this on the new one?

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events