Can you restrict the fields that can be edited in a bulk update operation

Keith Pritchard December 8, 2021

I am configuring JIRA to support a large testing effort with 2,500 test steps. Each test step is being set up as an issue in JIRA and the users performing the tests are both moving test steps through a workflow and recording details of tests that fail.

Sometimes they will have many test steps to transition through to a "Passed" state and one or two to move to a "Failed State". I'd like to let them use the Bulk Update capability to make transitions when they have a large number to make, but would like to restrict their capability to just making bulk transitions and not bulk edits.

I still need them to have the ability to edit individual issues, I just want to stop them using the bulk updates for edit. Is there a way to do this ?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Hi Keith,

Another option is that if they are using a Kanban board, you can select multiple cards at one time by using the CTRL key and then drag them all in one movement to either Passed or Failed. 

Keith Pritchard December 8, 2021

Thanks for the response. We have quite a complex workflow and are not using Kanban boards. The bulk operation capability has everything we need - apart from being able to restrict them to bulk transitions and not bulk edits

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events