Can you purchase a Datacenter App license and apply to a Jira Server?

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2023

We are still on Jira Server version and plan to move to data center version later this year.

In the meantime, we've been trialing Zephyr and would like to purchase the license. We are no longer able to purchase the server license for Zephyr, so I was wondering if I can apply the Datacenter Zephyr license to our Jira server.

Anyone done this before?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

Zephyr Datacenter.png

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

No, this won't work.  The licence type needs to be the same as the main application.

If you want to apply a DC licence to get Zephyr to work, you are going to have to buy a Jira DC licence and apply that as well.  And you'll need to do that for all your other apps.

Server instances do not need to be rebuilt as DC nodes if you're only going to use one - you can apply the DC licences to it without even having to restart.

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2023

Thanks for confirming Nic. I wasn't sure because current trial license for zephyr is datacenter and its working on our Jira server.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

I keep forgetting that trial licences don't care about number of users or whether it's DC or Server!

Suggest an answer