Can you have multiple code review automations?

katie.kurty April 9, 2021

I'm trying to create an automation for my team's code reviews. We do 2 rounds of code reviews and I'm trying to set up automations to go to either our Frontend developers or Backend  developers.

For example, a ticket comes in and when it gets moved from 'In Progress' to 'First Code Review' column it would get assigned to group A of Frontend developers. Then when the first code review is completed the ticket would then move into 'Second Code Review' column and get auto assigned to group B of Frontend developers. 

And then the same for Backend tickets. 

Is this possible? Tickets keep getting assigned to Backend developers. Here is how I have it set up currently:

1. Issue Created: From status IN PROGRESS To status CODE REVIEW

2. Issue assigned to 'A User Defined List' via Round Robin To (a user list of Group A developers)
  3. Re-fetch issue data
  4. If Block:
    1. Advanced Compare Condition {{issue.assignee.name}} Equals {{issue.reporter.name}}
    2. User Condition Assignee IS Group A developers
  5. Issue assigned to 'A User Defined List' via Round Robin To (a user list of Group A developers)

3 answers

0 votes

I think I figured out my issue!

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2021

Hi @katie.kurty  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Would you please post an image of your automation rule(s) and the audit log from executions?  That may help the community give you ideas by providing more context.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Thank you @Bill Sheboy ! Here is an image of my automation rule. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 4.51.12 PM.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2021

Thanks for that screen image, @katie.kurty   Some follow-up questions...

You note two code review columns on your board, First Code Review and Second Code Review.  Which status values are mapped to those columns?

Your rule shows a trigger from In Progress to Code Review.  Later you check if the status is FE First Code Review.  How could that condition ever pass as the trigger says you are in "Code Review"?

And...if you indeed have two code review columns and two code review status values mapped to them, do you have 2 rules, one for each possible transition?

Thanks!

0 votes
Shaherbano Mirza April 9, 2021

hello,

Is this possible? Tickets keep getting assigned to Backend developers

Suggest an answer