Can you have cc'd users for Jira Software?

Triston Smith January 17, 2018

Hi All,

We're pretty new to using Jira Software and we're looking at our development process.  One of the things we'd love to be able to do is let certain internal stakeholders know when a feature request or bug has been progressed in the system.  I don't want these users to be JIRA users, more like cc'd recipients for updates we send out in notifications such as changing status or such like.  I can see there's a watchers feature, but can't see anything for a cc'd user like you see in service desk systems.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2018

Jira offers this in Jira Service Desk, but if you want someone to be able to receive notifications using Jira Software, they will require a user account with a user license to Jira Service.

There are add-ons out there that will allow you to achieve this, at least somewhat. I remember I evaluated the Email This Issue add-on awhile ago for some other purpose, and you may be able to use it for your needs here. It's available for both Cloud and Server, too.

Suggest an answer