Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you display a burndown chart for subset of filters instead of entire project in JIRA?

I am consulting at a client who has setup a Jira project that includes work of 3 parallel streams and because of that, the burndown chart shows info from all 3 streams together. How can I show burndown chart for each stream separately? 

The version used at client is v6.1.7#6163-sha1:94d557d

2 answers

A burndown chart shows the amount of work that has been completed in an epic or sprint, and the total work remaining. So if you would like to get the burndown chart for a set of streams, you should be having the separate sprints for each streams.

For eg: You have a UI Team, Backend Team and DB team - You should plan 3 separate sprints for each of the task under UI, Backend and DB. And you can run all these together.

ok that might work. Thanks!

If you want to ALSO be able to see them combined, you can simply add more boards to your project with the filters you want. Since burndowns are based on boards, just toggle the board you are viewing and you can see alternate burndowns on each board. Great for filtering any subset of issues (ie: remove adhoc work for a clean sprint view using labels).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,529 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you