Can you disable relative dates in Cloud?

Teri Michaels March 14, 2018

We would prefer to have dates consistently shown without relative labels (days/hours ago). I can't seem to find how to do that in OnDemand.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Teri,

Thank you for contacting us!
You can hover over the date like 'Today' and it will show you the exact time if needed, however you cannot change dates completely.
Unfortunately this is one of the limitations of the Cloud instance - it is not possible to change relative to absolute time.
We do have a Feature Request regarding it:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-41506

You can vote for it and also add any comments with clarification if needed.
Please let me know if there is anything else you can assist me with or any further clarification is required.

Thank you,
Adalberto Schneider
Atlassian Cloud Support

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2018

Thank you Teri! 

At least I know now.

Like michael ussher likes this
Duilio Izzi May 29, 2023

And how about using Jira Filter Macro from confluence? Is there a way to prevent using "Today...", "Yesterday..." in that case?

It's hard when trying to use the filtered data for creating reports.

Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2018

Not by yourself.  You need Atlassian to change something on the back end.  I don't know if they will do it, but I'd really like to know if they will.

Could you raise the support request to ask if they will do it for you, and let us know how you get on?  We'd owe you for finding out!

It can't hurt to ask...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2018

This is a long standing request. You can see one of the latest issues tracking this - JRASERVER-41506. There is a cousin cloud issue open as well.

Suggest an answer