Can you create an Epic Link between a team-managed task to another Epic from another project?

Henry Chad Apale January 18, 2022

A user has requested to add an Epic link within a Team-managed project's task to a Company-managed project's Epic.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible? 

I also noticed that you can't add Epic Link to a team-managed's issue-type as field, so my guess is no

Also will converting the entire Team-managed project to Company-managed be necessary for this action? 

3 answers

0 votes
Dmitry Astapkovich _Colined_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 20, 2022

Hello @Henry Chad Apale,

I would say the answer is yes and no at the same time =) As other users mentioned already, it's not possible to have Epic links int Team-managed project.

But if you are ok to use a third party app for this case, please take a look on Pivot Report. It allows you to build custom hierarchy based on issue links, which can be added to issues from another projects.

Here is a quick sample report I made based on your question:

clip_220121_010644.png

It's a bit messy but I hope you've got the idea. If you are interested in the app, please try it. Or let me know if you need a demo or any assistance to setup. 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Team Managed projects are intended to be stand-alone. They do not support making issues in one Team Managed project children of Epics in other projects.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Hi Henry,

Team-managed projects do not use the Epic Link field. They use Parent. 

Suggest an answer