Can you add time tracking to a project by default?

Rob Cowell April 20, 2021

Is there a setting somewhere that allows me to add the Time Tracking field to ALL new projects when I create the project, so I don't keep forgetting?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Hello @Rob Cowell 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with Team Managed or Company Managed projects?

Did you review the information in this article?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-time-tracking/

Rob Cowell April 20, 2021

These are Team Managed projects - thanks for the article link, I'll check that through.  Very much a Jira Admin newbie, although been a dev with tickets assigned to them for years :-)

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

If you are working with Team Managed projects, then I don't think there is a way to ensure time tracking is on for all projects.

The aim of Team Managed projects is to enable each team to customize their project as they see fit. Any custom fields created for a Team Managed project are unique to that project, even if the field has the same name as a custom field in another Team Managed project. Workflows set up in a Team Managed project are not shared with other projects.

If you need to have projects set up in a consistent and standard manner, you should use Company Managed projects instead. Those can share the Schemes that are used to specify workflows, permissions, notifications, fields, and screens.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events