Can we use the same license on 2 Jira Server instances which deployed on different hosts?

YJ Huang January 20, 2021

I have 2 hosts, host A and host B. Both hosts has its own Jira Server instance.

In other words, the 2 Jira Server instances are deployed on different hosts.

Can we use the same license on these 2 Jira Server instances in the following 2 scenarios?

• The user licenses of both instances are the same, e.g. both are 2000 users.
  • The user licenses of both instances are different, e.g. instance A has 2000 users, instance B has 500 users.

2 answers

1 vote
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

I think you can't use the same license for two production servers.

For every server license we get a developer license to setup a Stage environment for test environment.

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hey @YJ Huang ,

While technically there is nothing that will block you from doing this, it is not allowed to use a commercial license on more than one machine.

As @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH states, with a commercial license you are entitled to a free developper license to use on a staging/dev environment (not on production). These can be found on your "My Atlassian"

So while technically possible, to be in line with policies and terms of agreement, no you cannot use a single license on multiple machines.

Suggest an answer