Can we use Rich Filter Gadgets on Xray specific issues for Dashboard in jira (For Data Center)

Bharath Siva September 21, 2022

Can we use Rich Filter Gadgets on X-ray specific issues for Dashboard in Jira (For Data Center)

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Bharath Siva - If you can access via JQL you can use Rich Filters.  Rich Filters simply provides a mechanism for extending JQL into a virtually unlimited set of sub-JQL so you can slice and dice what would normally be returned from a traditional filter.

Bharath Siva September 22, 2022

@Mark Segall 
Thank You,
it means we can't use for X Ray right ?

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

As I understand it, XRay is just creating custom issue types which means you can execute JQL against them.  So I would think you could use Rich Filters against them.

Leslie Barrett July 27, 2023

We are using Rich Filters for XRay work but it does not currently allow reporting on the XRay custom field of 'test type'. When we're trying to pull metrics on manual vs. automated testing, that is obviously an issue.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2023

Are you able to create smart filters that perform JQL against test type and then leverage the smart filters in your gadgets?  I had the same issue when attempting to report against Request Type in JSM.  I ended up creating my own Request Type smart filter like this:

• "Request Type" = "request type 1"
  • "Request Type" = "request type 2"
  • "Request Type" = "request type 3"

The same approach could be used for Test Type.

Suggest an answer