Can we have Active sprint filter for a 1 Jira Board where i have 3 different boards in a Project?

Rahim Dinani March 22, 2022

In 1 Project i have 3 seperate boards for 3 teams
1: Dev Board
2: Art Board
3: Design Board

I want to create an active sprint filter for my Dashboard Gadgets for Dev board but i do not see an option to save a filter for specific boards Active sprint. I can save an active sprint filter but then it shows all active tasks from all 3 boards. I just need it for individual board. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2022

To do this you would need to include the filter criteria for that board in your Active Sprint filter

issue in openSprints() and <the text of that board's filter>
Rahim Dinani March 24, 2022

Thank you @Trudy Claspill.
I just copied the entire boards filter and added it to the query after providing inputs for open sprints in the project and it worked. 

Louis Awah September 16, 2022

I still don't understand how you did it @Rahim Dinani , can you please provide me with a sample query how you did it? I have a similar problem and need help. Thanks

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

@Louis Awah 

If your board filter is something like this:

project=X and Component=Y

...then the query you would need for your dashboard gadget would be

issue in openSprints() and project=X and Component=y
Louis Awah September 16, 2022

Thanks @Trudy Claspill for your effort. I appreciate it! But maybe my scenario is a bit different because I am not having any results from the query. This is my scenario,  I have two separate projects X and Y. I have created a dashboard for project X and I want to add a filter result gadget for the Active Sprint which will have assignees from project X only and the number of tickets they are working on including integral tickets from project Y without necessarily showing all assignees from project Y as it is the case now on my filter. 

Is there something I am not doing right?

FYI, the backlog filter for project X  system dashboard is configured to display tickets for both X and Y projects. Meaning that the Active sprint currently is showing tickets for both projects that the assignees are working on.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

Hello @Louis Awah 

Since the original poster has already marked their question as Answer Accepted I suggest that you start a brand new Question to get help with your issue. In that post be sure to identify if you are using Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center. Provide a copy of the filter for your board. Provide the information you included in your comments on this post.

You might also add to this current post a link to your new question.

Suggest an answer