Can we filter all tasks which have linked issues from a specific project?

Mahima Srivastav July 5, 2021

I have issues linked to other issues from let's say the Design Project.

Now, I want to filter out all the issues which are linked to the design project and not necessarily to a particular issue from the design project.

Is it possible to filter all issues which have linked issues from a specific project?

4 answers

1 vote
Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 6, 2021

Hi,
With standard JQL you can only get a list of issues with links and export them to Excel for further processing. This works if you want to do a one-off analysis.

Standard JQL doesn't easily allow it but the results can be quickly found using our professional indexing service:

After you install the app you can simply search:

(linkedByIssueProject=DESIGN OR linksIssueProject=DESIGN) AND project!=DESIGN

The query finds all issues that have links to or from DESIGN issues. The query also makes sure no DESIGN tickets are returned. You may want to check out the docs as well.

I hope this helps!
Daniel

0 votes
Valen Cardozo January 20, 2022

Hi @Mahima Srivastav 
I encountered the same problem and a quick solution was to filter by link type.

issueLinkType = blocks ORDER BY created DESC

There is the possibility of defining custom link types, which would lead you to associate only the tasks that are of the "Design" project to the others by means of a link, for example: "Tasks to Design".

I hope this helps you

Cheers

Valentin

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

I don’t think you can get to where are you want to be OOTB. You will need an add-on such as scriptrunner.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2021

Yes @Jack Brickey .

ScriptRunner for Jira can be found here in marketplace- https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820 .

@Mahima Srivastav  - Please follow the blog link mentioned above for guidance.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

Understand. My point to Mahima was that he would need an addon to achieve the goal. Scriptrunner is one such addon.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2021

Yes @Jack Brickey  absolutely. Thanks.

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2021

Hi @Mahima Srivastav ,

Thanks for haring your post in this community.

If you are familiar with JQL then it can be easily done.

Please check this article - https://valiantys.com/en/blog/atlassian-administration/jql/ and customise your JQL accordingly to filter out the results. 

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Suvradip

Suggest an answer