Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can we create filter for columns based on labels on Kanban boards

Can we create filter for columns based on labels on Kanban boards

I'm trying to create a Kanban board for tracking Infrastructure issues in my application. I am looking out for a functionality to filter Columns in a Kanban board based on a Label. That is, I want all the Stories having a particular label say, "Analysis" to be under the "TO DO" column.

Is this functionality available? If so, how is it done?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Mamatha,

Are you just needing to only return the issues with the label you want on the board or you are trying to somehow also "Block" the issues with a specific label from being transitioned to any status but "To do"?

Just to better contextualize, your board columns are mapped to the issue Status, so the status will determine which column the issue will be placed on the board.

To display only issues with a specific label on your board, you can change the board filter (... > Board settings > General > Edit Filter Query) to:

Project = your project and label = "Analysis"

Now, if you want to block your issues to be moved from one status to another while they are with the label you mentioned, you will need to configure a validator in your workflow transition that will only allow issues to be transitioned if the label field is Empty.

Please, let me know if you have any questions about it.

"your board columns are mapped to the issue Status, so the status will determine which column the issue will be placed on the board"

Is there a way to build boards where columns can be mapped to a label?

For example configuring 
column1 to only show issues with a tag 'Cat' and column2 to show issues with a tag 'Dog'

Like # people like this

Mapping the columns to different labels would be something that would really support my teams way of working.

Like # people like this
Like # people like this
Like # people like this

+1, our case is around having QA and software devs on the same ticket, we ideally want status to remain for devs but QA to also have a view showing the QA stage it is in

Like # people like this
Like Jeff Cadow likes this

That is one of the reason we moved from JIRA to clickup... Other thing being able to have the sum of story points per columns.

Drats---I came here looking for the same solution. Would love this feature.

Is there a way to add this to Jira's feature request queue?

This would be very helpful for us too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events