Can users view the configured list of priorities and issue types along with their descriptions?

Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

For many years JIRA has provided customizable issue priorities. Organisations either use the out-of-the-box options, or tune these to their needs.

The list of priorities and their descriptions is accessible by JIRA administrators through the Admin > Issues screen:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-statuses-resolutions-and-priorities/

Can JIRA provide end-users the list of priorities defined in their project - along with the priority description text? ... ditto for issue types.

We find this to be a common point of confusion for end-users.... which priority or issue type should I use. In our case we have resorted to preparing separate training material to duplicate the configuration in JIRA. But I hate to repeat myself, and would LOVE it if there was a solution in JIRA that I could refer the user to. This would also ensure it is up-to-date.

What do y'all out there do?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events